Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nethery stands out from the sharks



Dusseldorf - Lance Nethery was early on Friday on his legs.
The reason was pleasing for the manager, because after a long search, the defense is now complete. Patrick Traverse has signed for one year for the DEG.
The 35-year-old - 1.93 meters tall and 94 pounds - played 285 games in his career (Ottawa, Anaheim, Montreal, Boston and Dallas) in the NHL and most recently defended at the Worcester Sharks of the American Hockey League (90 Games , 13 goals, 38 templates).
"I've seen Patrick play live twice, and he has convinced me. He was the best man, who has been on the market, "says Nethery about the coup. "His good shot, his experience and strength will get us a duel. Also in the cabin, Patrick will play an important role. "
The Canadian, who brings his wife Danielle and two sons, Max (6) and Blake (8) with the new home, looking forward to the adventure of Dusseldorf. "I was at the World Cup 2000 times in Russia. Otherwise I do not know Europe. But we have searched for a new challenge, "said Traverse, who lives in Boston. "Many neighbors have reported nothing but good things about Germany. So I'm looking forward to an exciting time. "
The Abwehrhüne was not only among the highly coveted Metro Stars. "I had other offers from DEL and Switzerland. Frankfurt, Berlin and Cologne have requested, but the DEG has shown the most interest in the talks and is very committed to me, "says the Canadian.
Since he has never been able erreingen in his sporting career, a title he wants to celebrate with a championship at last of the DEG. Traverse: "That would be the crowning. But I will make my contribution once that we play at the top. Everything else will come naturally "